We designed our two-year Business Graduate Scheme to start your journey towards becoming what you’ll gain. You’ll join a thriving graduate network. And as you progress, you’ll have the freedom to tailor your path into roles and disciplines where you can put your biggest and best ideas into practice.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist technical skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. You’ll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; you’ll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential and as your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
The role is based in Redhill, Surrey.
Your day to day responsibilities may include:
· Develop goals and objectives that tend to growth and prosperity
· Design and implement business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of goals
· Ensure that the company has the adequate and suitable resources to complete its activities (e.g. people, material, equipment etc.)
· Organize and coordinate operations in ways that ensure maximum productivity
· Supervise the work of employees and provide feedback and counsel to improve efficiency and effectiveness
· Maintain relationships with partners/vendors/suppliers
· Gather, analyse and interpret external and internal data and write reports
· Assess overall company performance against objectives
· Represent the company in events, conferences etc.
· Ensure adherence to legal rules and guidelines
What we’re looking for:
· A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you will be required to travel as part of the programme)
· A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
· A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
What you’ll need:
· A minimum of a 2:2 BA (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in Business Management
· Ideally previous work experience or business related placement
· Eligibility to work and live in the UK
· A full, clean UK driving licence
Please note our graduates for the 2022 intakes will typically start from April time, through to September, please ensure when completing your online application form that you clearly state your availability and whether an April and/or September start date would work for your current circumstances.
Salary and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will also be covered. For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and what’s involved in the scheme, visit our website here to learn more. Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business.
To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.
Closing Date – applications are open until Monday 14th February 2022 but we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the closing date.