About the role
Balfour Beatty are currently recruiting for a Design Coordinator to join our Regional team in Birmingham.
You will be working on civils projects with values from GBP5 million to GBP45 million. The projects are typically highways and structures so we are looking for candidates with an engineering background.
We are accepting applications from established Design Coordinators or Site Engineers looking for their first step in to a Design Management career. This role involves travelling to sites throughout the Midlands so you will need to drive.
What you'll be doing
As a Design Coordinator, your main responsibilities are as follows:
- To assist the Design Manager with organisational aspects of the project. These may include: Document control- BIM Model sharing, requests for information, technical queries, BIM Execution Plan, Consultants scopes of service and responsibility matrix, file management, gate papers.
- To assist design teams in verification, validation and certification of designs, and ensuring
compliance with Building Regulations and Employers Requirements (ERs),
- Ensure delivery of design documentation in line with design and submissions programme:
- Dealing with enquiries from designers/supply chain/sub-contractors
- Liaising with Design Team members on approval matters
- Monitoring and policing document control system:
- Training designers/sub-contractors and other personnel on the relevant document management
- Liaise with internal and external construction and design staff
- Support the application of Lean construction techniques in order to save money, reduce waste and
- Support the implementation of the BIM CSUK protocols, including teamwork and collaboration and
the management and sharing of data relating to BIM models
Who we're looking for
The following qualities and experience are essential:
- The individual should be a graduate with an understanding of Design and Engineering or have experience in Design and Engineering.
- They should have a customer centric approach and have the ability to support
the delivery of strategic initiatives.
- It is recommended that they are working towards Professional Membership and professional qualifications in Building or Engineering relevant to the business stream.
- Good communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure.
- The individual should have a desire to continuously pursue innovation and
development, with a focus on the customer and the relevant business stream.
- Good working knowledge of BIM is required and will be expected to meet the requisite BIM competences associated with this role.
- Excellent IT Skills, relevant to the business stream, including BIM and Microsoft
Office are required.
- Numeracy and good written communications skills are required.
- A valid CSCS card is required.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.