About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
We are looking for a General Supervisor to join us to work across the South East.
To supervise and monitor the delivery of scheme construction and deliver cost effective solutions to maintain or improve the asset to the standards agreed and the needs of key stakeholders. To achieve the outcomes agreed by the Client to programme and budget.
What you'll be doing
As a General Supervisor, your main accountabilities will be as follows:
- Supervise internal and external resources in terms of quality, budget and programme
- Monitor construction to ensure the Specification requirements are met
- Ensure Temporary Traffic Management is implemented and maintained to the correct standards
- Carry out field inspections and audits
- Collate all site records as necessary regarding the construction and as-built records
- Supervise construction to meet the programme and budget
- Achieve targets set for Zero Harm
- Responsible for Health, Safety, and Environment during construction process
- Report as necessary on performance against programme
- Live the Connect Plus Services Values
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- Support the delivery of the business Sustainability activities
Who we're looking for
The following personal skills, qualities and experience are required:
- Knowledge of CDM and other H&S legislation
- CSCS Card
- Understanding of Environmental requirements
- Knowledge of Quality Management
- Good knowledge of construction Standards and Specification
- Knowledge of HA procedures
- Experience of construction/maintenance
- Recent experience of coordinating a number of construction activities
- Detailed knowledge of temporary traffic management
- Good communication skills
- Ability to plan and organise
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.