About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
We are looking for a Mainteance Level 0 to join us to work in Swanley.
What you'll be doing
As Mainteance Level 0, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Undertake activities, as instructed, with capabilities to ensure that your area of responsibility is maintained;
- Cyclical maintenance;
- Graffiti removal;
- Carriageway repairs;
- Soft estate maintenance (e.g. grassland maintenance);
- Litter picking;
- Sign maintenance;
- Safety fence repairs;
- Boundary fence repairs;
- Any other duties allocated by Line Managers;
- AccImplement Chapter 8 compliant Traffic Management in line with CPS policies, method statements, risk assessments and industry standards;
- Provide accurate and legible written and verbal communication in the form of reports and records;
- Use mobile communication/data devices to accurately input data for record purposes to form reports and business records;
- Undertake routine vehicle checks and maintain accurate and up to date driving records in line with legislation in accordance with CPS procedures and legislation;
- Taking due care of any CPS property including but not limited to tablets, vehicles and radios;
- Raise awareness of issues which may affect the safe operation of the network and report these as observed;
- Check that Traffic Management signs, equipment and materials are carried on vehicles in line with current Maintenance checklist and are in working order, restock and record and report defects as appropriate;
- Participate in Winter Service rota as required;
- Attend training courses as required;
- Live the Balfour Beatty Values
Who we're looking for
You will have:
- Full UK Drivers Licence;
- 12AB For Static Temporary Traffic Management on High Speed Roads and All Purpose Trunk Road (APTR) network;
- ROLO Sector Scheme 18;
- Unit 518 (formerly unit 13) Winter Service Operations and unit 580 (formerly unit 80) Snowplough/ V blade;
- Driver Qualification Card;
- Appropriate lifting qualification;
- Vehicle Marshall;
- 12AB Impact Protection Vehicle Courses (IPV);
- Disc cutter/abrasive wheel;
- NHSS12A/B 1 Day qualification;
- CSCS Operative Card;
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Highways Maintenance;
- UK Driving Licence, minimum category C (LGV Class 2);
- NHSS Sector 2 A/B Fencing qualification;
- Abrasive Wheel;
- First Aid;
- Safety Defect Awareness Training;
- Plant/small tools training;
- Appropriate lifting qualification e.g. clam shell;
- Working on a live motorway or All Purpose Trunk Road (APTR) network;
- Experience of working in a similar traffic / transport / highways / recovery role are preferred.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.