About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
We are looking for a Digital Transformation Manager to join us to work in Potters Bar, Herfordshire.
The highways business is undertaking a digital transformation to align with Balfour Beattys 2050 vision, 25 by 2025 initiative and also the Site of the Future initiative. As such, the Regional Development Programme (RDP) for Highways England is one of our strategic vehicles for delivering this transformation and will require this full time role to coordinate and lead the digital transformation on the project for the highways business. Specifically, this role will look to embed this digital transformation in the Design, Build, Finance, and Operate (DBFO) M25 project and coordinate with the wider RDP project.
What you'll be doing
As a Digital Transformation Manager, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Push the boundaries of digitally enabled construction and apply those to our Design, Build, Finance, and Operate (DBFO) M25 motorways project with Highways England;
- From the digital transformation strategic plan you will be responsible for developing and delivering digital transformation for the Connect Plus Services (CPS) consortium, ensuring alignment with the Regional Development Programme in order to achieve the strategic objectives;
- You will be required to embrace team work and collaboration by working with your digital transformation leads and community of digital champions in the business. Alongside our design partner and customer to drive an industry change;
- You will be required to programme and plan the digital transformation and work with all CPS business streams to enable embedment and transition to the new digital landscape. The role will be to lead the change therefore the candidate will need to demonstrate leadership capability.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following:
- Project / Programme management experience;
- Change management experience;
- Manage and produce a programme of works;
- Manage and produce budgets and forecast.
- Lean /Continuous Improvement experience;
- Demonstrated leadership in the delivery of structured improvement projects with experience leading project teams;
- Financial literacy with experience of benefits tracking, long-term business benefits planning and working capital considerations;
- Proficient in working with / supporting colleagues in delivery of their improvements.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.