About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
We are looking for Auditor to join us to work in either South Mimms or Dartford
- To define the Annual Audit Programme for Connect Plus Services in line with contract obligations and CPS business needs;
- To work to agreed auditing methodologies in line with the CPS policies and procedures.
What you'll be doing
As an Auditor you will:
- Define and publishes the Annual Audit Plan to internal and external stakeholders to be managed kept under review and reported on throughout the year;
- Create and contributes to detailed and thorough high quality audit, reports to the business on their findings and presents these to the business in writing or orally;
- Maintain up to date knowledge of developments, regulation and thinking in assurance in the construction sector and elsewhere in order to bring best practice to Connect Plus Services;
- Carry out and / or lead audits assuring that business systems, policies, processes, procedures and contractual obligations are being properly implemented and take appropriate action / escalation where it is found that compliance is being breached;
- Lead development and promote use of Audit & Quality content on CPS HSQ cloud platform;
- Live the Connect Plus Services values;
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
- Support the delivery of the businesses Sustainability activities.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- A thorough knowledge of audit procedures, including planning techniques, testing and sampling methods involved in auditing;
- An IRCA-certified Lead Auditor (or equivalent) or significant relevant vocational experience in the Lead Auditor role;
- Previous experience of conducting audits;
- An ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts;
- Pays attention to detail and sees things through to completion;
- Can deliver reports orally and written in an objective and persuasive manner;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and acts in an independent and professional manner with the ability to influence others;
- Is a self-starter who manages their own time and seeks to add value to their function
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge. With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.