About the role
Are you an experienced Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Engineer looking for a new opportunity offering progression and development with one of the UK's Rail Industry leaders? If so read on......
Balfour Beatty currently has an opportunity for an On Track Machine Technician to join our Rail team based in Ashford, Kent.
You will be an experienced Maintenance/Service Engineer responsible for our Rail Plant On Track Machines with a proven track record in vehicle maintenance.
What you'll be doing
As an On Track Machine Technician you will:
- Be proactive in promoting a safe culture, report any unsafe acts or equipment through your line manager and the Close call system
- Ensure that OTM Fleet reliability is optimised and subject to continuous improvement
- Ensure spare parts are available
- Be proficient in carrying out as required verbal and written reports on faults, repairs, maintenance, accidents and incidents
- Maintain OTMs to relevant VMI
- Be proficient in and carry out as required the fault finding and subsequent repair "right first time"
Who we're looking for
You will have the following personal qualities and experience:
- Served recognised apprenticeship
- Level 3 Electrical/Mechanical qualification
- Experience of heavy vehicle maintenance
- Undertake road vehicle driving as required
- Ability to work to timescales/deadlines
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Stores Knowledge
- Must meet and maintain the appropriate medical standard for the position
- PPPC's as required
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.