About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a Principal TWC to join our team to work in Birmingham.
Responsible for the management and coordination of all temporary works activities within a specified area to meet project requirements.
What you'll be doing
- Coordination of all Temporary Works (TW) activities ready for construction to meet project requirements.
- Ensure the BBV Temporary Works Register is maintained and newly identified items are correctly risk assessed.
- Ensure that construction methods statements and risk assessments comply with the requirements of the temporary works design.
- Ensure that information relevant to the temporary works has been received from the client, principal designer and permanent works designer, as appropriate.
- Ensure that a design brief is prepared with consultation within the project team and that it is both adequate and in accordance with the actual situation on site;
- Ensure that any other temporary works in the vicinity are referenced in the design brief; liaison with third parties and project team members
- Programme and plan the temporary works to determine the priorities for temporary works designs.
- Advise the permanent works (PW) designer of proposed construction methods and advise on buildability.
- Ensure the residual risks identified by the permanent and temporary works designer are addresses in accordance with CDM2015 and ensure that a CDM Design Risk Register is maintained. This requires active use of BBVs CDM Safetibase and engagement with HS2 operations and maintenance representatives.
- Ensure Departures are raised and accepted where strictly necessary for area of responsibility.
Who we're looking for
- Previous experience as a Temporary works Coordinator on a project of similar scale and complexity.
- Qualified Civil Engineer or similar equivalent
- Proven knowledge of Network Rail and Highways England technical standards and approval processes.
- Good practical knowledge of BS5975:2019
- Depth of understanding of the construction environment for safe and buildable designs
- Disciplined approach to quality assurance and documentation. Attention to detail, ensuring legal compliance and satisfying project requirements.
- Leading teams, people management skills, effective delegation, mentoring & coaching and developing others A
- Working knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations, in particular, the Designer and principal Contractors role.
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.