About the role
Our Balvac business delivers innovative structural repair, strengthening, protection and maintenance solutions enabling our customers assets to return to full capacity and thus extend their respective working life.
Our clients include National Highways and local authorities across the UK in the transport infrastructure sector, and key power sector customers. We have also successfully transferred these services into various other key sectors including rail, marine, coastal, industrial and commercial sectors.
With an increasing portfolio and organic growth plans, we are looking to identify several talented individuals (Contracts Engineers, Site Agents, Project Managers & Specialist Services Engineers) based across the country to join this high-octane energy driven team.
Given the above Balfour Beatty have a fantastic opportunity for a Contracts Supervisor to join our Balvac team to work on Balvac projects throughout UK.
As a Contracts Supervisor you will be working for Site Agents, Project Managers and Contracts Managers, ensuring the Day-to-day management and supervision of Balvac and subcontract resources.
What you'll be doing
Other key responsibilities will be:
- Ensure works are constructed in accordance with contract drawings, specifications and Project Management Plan
- Manage site dimensional control, ensuring contractors have the facilities for setting out of the works
- Produce and review construction methods statements, ensuring the works are constructed efficiently and safely
- Anticipating and resolving problems, in particular related to engineering issues
- Managing construction records, O&M manuals and as built drawings
Who we're looking for
What we are looking for:
- A reasonable level of experience in structural repair/specialist repair projects delivery
- This could be in ANY of the above areas/sectors described
- Able to understand technical proposals and contracts covering these types of projects
- Valid UK driving licence
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balvac is a leading specialist structural repair, strengthening and refurbishment contractor and wholly owned subsidiary of the Balfour Beatty Group.