About the role
What you'll be doing
- Ensure works are constructed in accordance with contract drawings, specifications and Project Management Plan
- Manage site dimensional control, ensuring contractors have the facilities for setting out of the works
- Produce and review construction methods statements, ensuring the works are constructed efficiently and safely
- Anticipating and resolving problems, in particular related to engineering issues
- Managing construction records, O&M manuals and as built drawings
Who we're looking for
- A reasonable level of experience in structural repair/specialist repair projects delivery
- This could be in ANY of the above areas/sectors described
- Able to understand technical proposals and contracts covering these types of projects
- Valid UK driving licence
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balvac is a leading specialist structural repair, strengthening and refurbishment contractor and wholly owned subsidiary of the Balfour Beatty Group. We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Our core business is the structural repair strengthening, protection and refurbishment of existing civil and building structure across the UK. We are active in highways, rail infrastructure, power including nuclear licensed sites and industrial facilities.
Specialist capabilities include: Concrete repair, including wet and dry spray concrete, Crack injection, Leak sealing injection, Structural strengthening including the use of FRP composite materials, Corrosion Protection and Cathodic Protection, Post tensioning to bridges, tanks and nuclear reactor vessels, Concrete carriageway rehabilitation using vacuum assisted void grouting and slab realignment techniques.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/