About the role
To achieve successful business performance and growth through high standards of customer satisfaction. An individual within this grade has management responsibilities. They will have significant input into the strategic plan for their business
area. They are able to communicate with and influence Senior Management and have ultimate budgetary formulating responsibilities for a particular area of the business.
What you'll be doing
- Understanding and delivering customer requirements.
- To translate customer requirements into effective, deliverable action plans and readiness processes.
- Maintain regular contact with the customer to obtain feedback on service quality and performance ensuring problems are followed up and resolved effectively.
- Ensure employees within remit have a clear understanding of company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that a safe system of work is carried out at all times and in line with the companys health, safety, environmental and quality procedures.
- Identifying and developing business opportunities and effect business improvements creating synergy.
- To monitor and ensure continuous improvement in work practices.
- Effective recruitment, deployment and development of key Operational staff.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Compliance with health & safety, quality and environmental and management systems.
- Effective leadership in zero harm and sustainability.
- Overall responsibility for cost effectiveness, profitability of the delivery and planning Unit.
Who we're looking for
Demonstrable commercial, technical and management skills or equivalent experience.
Successful team leader in a significant management role.
Experience in the management of Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality issues.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing, and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Still interested? then come and become colleagues with 26,000 staff and join a business which recorded 8.6bn in revenues last year, achieved industry leading customer satisfaction scores and has unrivalled employee engagement statistics.
An excellent range of benefits awaits the successful candidate: -
- An attractive / negotiated salary
- 37.5 core base hours per week
- Hybrid working available
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension savings schemes
- A whole host of other BB staff employee benefits (discounts, exclusive offers etc)
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
Scores of other Balfour Beatty opportunities available as well via our balfourbeattycareers.com portal.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key longterm and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/