About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Approved Electrician to join our Rail team to work in London across various site locations.
The works are for the delivery of Power supply upgrades to run the new generation of trains on the Piccadilly Line as part of our multi year framework with London Underground
What you'll be doing
As an Approved Electrician you will:
- Possess particular practical, productive and electrical engineering skills with adequate technical supervisory knowledge so as to be able to work on their own proficiently and carry out electrical installation work without immediate supervision in the most efficient and economical manner; be able to set out jobs from drawings and specifications and requisition the necessary installation materials; be able to accept responsibility for the proper completion of jobs and, if required, supervise other operatives;
- Have a thorough working knowledge of the National Working Rules for the Electrical Contracting Industry, of the current IET Wiring Regulations for Electrical Installations, The Electricity Safety, Quality & Continuity Regulations as amended (so far as they deal with consumers installations), the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and of any Regulations dealing with consumers installations which may be issued, relevant statutory and British standards and Codes of Practice, and of the Construction Industry Safety Regulations.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Have fully met the requirements for the grade of Approved Electrician;
- Must have had experience working as an Approved Electrician subsequent to the satisfactory completion of training and immediately prior to the application for this grade;
- Be able to demonstrate competence in Inspection and Testing.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.