About the role
Our tomorrow is built on a firm foundation. Here at Balfour Beatty, were on our way to leading every market were in, and we have the strategy and momentum to get there. Join our Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick team as a Surveyor on the Hinkley Point Project and you'll be part of it.
- Ensuring compliance with quality assurance requirements
- Provide dimensional control during the erection of equipment
- Produce As-built surveys of equipment foundations, including cast anchors and embedded plates
- Provide certified and calibrated surveying equipment (Dependant on contractual arrangements)
- Ensure all survey equipment is in calibration and that field checks are carried out at regular intervals maintain a log
- Use of core experience & surveying skills to assess practicalities and dimensional control associated with surveying activities
What you'll be doing
As a Surveyor your accountabilities will include:
- Conduct layout surveys prior to equipment arriving on site for layout of the temporary equipment and the permanent equipment. Then continue to support the installation teams to final locate equipment then conduct post install location surveys for as built drawings all to the ensure compliance to the designed tolerances
- Ensure all surveying activities are undertaken safely and responsibly, and in accordance with the CDM Regulations A
- Provide input for progress reporting on surveying activities within the Erection Area
- Review any supplied setting out data to check design co-ordinates against the site grid system to ensure compatibility
Who we're looking for
We're looking for;
- Surveying relevant qualification
- Experience in the use of survey equipment (Total Station, digital level) and production of survey reports.
- Experience as on-site surveyor - within a Joint Venture project with be an advantage
- IT literate
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to 2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.