About the role
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Mobile Plant Fitter to join our Asset and Technology Solutions Team based in Derby (with travel to various BB sites across the UK).
A major branch of our business is our Asset and Technology Team, who provide the complete package of plant, vehicles, and equipment across our UK network. Supplying over 8,000 cars, LCVs, and HGVs, as well as specialist plant and equipment, our teams have an intimate and up-to-date knowledge of the plant and fleet industry.
You will support various sites across the UK working on OHL (overhead line) operational projects. Ensuring that OHL large plant and specialist equipment is serviced and maintained and repaired to the required standards, ensuring the client has maximum equipment availability.
As part of the role you will be expected to be working away from home, and so the salary will reflect this with OTE 50,000 per annum +.
Working pattern will be the following:
Monday following Thursday (11 days).
3-day weekend at home.
This pattern is repeated throughout the duration of the project.
What you'll be doing
Some other key areas will include:
- Ensure our specialist overhead line large plant and equipment is serviced,and maintained in line with legislation and manufacturers requirements;
- Carry out planned as well as reactive maintenance across a variety of plant and equipment;
- Completion of all documentation or electronic systems clearly and accurately and in a timely manner;
- Booking out all spare parts used and requesting parts as and when required.
- Work regular paid weekday & weekend overtime Ensure the customers requirements are delivered including breakdown response.
Who we're looking for
To join us in this role, you will have the following:
- Ability to read and understand hydraulic schematics and wiring diagrams;
- Experience in the servicing and maintenance of large diesel driven plant, including hydraulics and electrical system;
- Completed a plant apprenticeship or hold recognised Mechanical/ electrical qualification;
- Able to carry out fault finding and diagnostics on large diesel driven plant;
- Full UK driving licence;
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends and live away from home, when required.
We would like you to have:
- A valid forklift and telehandler operators certificate;
- A welding qualification;
- A safety qualification (e.g. IOSH)or willingness to work towards one;
- EUSR SHEA power qualification.
What we will do for you:
- Provide training to develop your skills further;
- Generous Annual Leave allowance;
- Company car/allowance (where applicable);
- Pension scheme;
- Hybrid/flexible working.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Plant & Fleet Services proudly provides comprehensive plant, vehicle and equipment services to the Balfour Beatty Group in the UK. From our innovative Site Mobilisation Hub, we make sure that HGVs, tower and crawler cranes, and piling equipment (and more) get to the right place at the right time.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/