Building our Talent:
We are actively looking for a skilled Draughtsperson CAD who is looking to further develop their career for the long term.
As the successful Draughtsperson, you will be the dedicated team resource creating / drawing electrical 2D schematics Typically single line diagrams, wiring diagrams, cable routing drawings. Coupled with supporting the wider team with other ad-hoc design items allowing you to increase your capabilities and exposures across our large scale complex projects
*NB. This opportunity will be based working out of our Maxim Park office in Motherwell. As such, due to the nature of the projects, any interested candidates must be eligible to obtain Security Clearance.
- Provide strong modelling support to the engineering team and identify innovative and robust solutions
- Creation of models and Information Modelling from 2D sketches or client/supplier drawings
- Space coordination and space management for all disciplines
- Maintain personal expertise and knowledge to ensure that the business stream is at the forefront of the industry both technically and in using the latest technologies and standards
Key Skillset Required:
- Prior experience working on mid-large scale construction projects in a CAD Draughtsperson capacity
- Proven experience in drawing electrical 2D schematics
- Proficient in the use of Solidworks/Inventor to create 3D models
- Ability to use AutoCAD, 2D, 3D, or Revit an advantage
- Ability to create drawings to BS:8888 standards for all Mechanical and Piping requirements including some Electrical and Instrumentation, such as; Manufacturing drawings including weldments, Assembly Drawings, Containment Drawings, Piping Isometrics, P&IDs, Single Line diagrams, Block Cable Diagrams & Layout Drawings
- Knowledge of Drawing tolerances including geometric tolerancing, limits and fits etc.
- Proficient in drawing set-up in accordance with national standards and best practice guidelines
- Microsoft Office experience is essential including Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and write clearly and succinctly
- Ideally hold experience in a broad range of heavy industries such as petrochemical, power generation and nuclear
Why work for us:
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality.
You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyoneA
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/