About the role
Balfour Beatty have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join our team working on the Anglian Water Alliance based in Peterborough
As a talented and driven Electrical Engineer within our diverse and inclusive Engineering team, you'll provide Electrical Engineering technical input to projects and the project team to an appropriate quality within project time scales
What you'll be doing
- Produce technical schedules, data sheets and engineering calculations (hydraulic calculations, pump calculations, mass balance calculation, RICS calculations, etc) to support technical deliverables required in the Stand Alone Process
- Work closely with the supply chain and sub-contractors to understand specifications whilst performing technical bid analysis of their designs
- Undertake design of control/ telemetry, instrumentation, main incoming electrical supply and electrical installation systems to support electrical design associated with water & wastewater treatment plants
- Support the Electrical Discipline Head in the drive towards excellence in H&S, demonstrating applied knowledge and skills to produce safe designs to discharge your obligation according to CDM Regulations, standards and accepted codes of practice
- Ensure all technical work is undertaken to the correct standards & specifications whilst maintaining your
own quality and consistency of all process engineering technical documents
- Develop strong relationships across the alliance to support the smooth interface between disciplines whilst
sharing knowledge to achieve out-performance from technical innovation
Who we're looking for
- Holding a degree or appropriate higher technical qualification, you'll have demonstrable experience as an Electrical Engineering within a project engineering environment.
- Technical knowledge and and understanding how inter-related engineering disciplines work together to find best solutions, you'll be comfortable designing and administering projects to high standards with safety always a consideration throughout
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty, the international infrastructure group has been a member of Anglian Waters @one Alliance since 2004, delivering several major water projects.
The @one Alliance is a collaborative organisation of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Waters capital investment programme.
The Anglian Water @one Alliance will design and build around 800 schemes worth approximately 1.5billion between April 2020 and March 2025, known as AMP7 the current five-year investment period, working closely with Anglian Water operations teams and other key stakeholders.
The contract is for the entire five-year regulatory period, from 2020 to 2025, with extensions which could take it to 2030, making it one of the longest collaborations in the sector. It operates within an alliance of delivery partners set up by Anglian Water.
As a stakeholder within the Anglian Water @one Alliance, Balfour Beatty provide both design and construction services across the whole of Anglian Waters region, which is the largest by geographic area in the UK, stretching from the Humber to the Thames estuary and from Buckinghamshire to the East Coast. Work is mainly focussed on clean water Infrastructure (water mains), but also includes wastewater infrastructure and both water and wastewater non-infrastructure projects, such as treatment works and pumping stations.
Working across the UK, Balfour Beattys Gas andWater teams provide expertise and experienceto support a stable and safe supply of essential gas and water services. Amongst our vital work, we service clean and waste water mains, maintain water treatment facilities, and expand and renew underground gas mains in often busy and high-impact areas.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/