About the role
Join the UKs largest infrastructure group and work on some of the biggest projects the world has ever seen. Projects that will support and shape the world of tomorrow for millions of people and enable you to build a successful career.
Balfour Beatty's Power Transmission & Distribution teams work with regional, national and international electricity network owners and operators to provide technical engineering solutions.
With experience and expertise across the full spectrum of the electricity grid our teams have capability across overhead lines, cable tunnels, distribution networks and substations.
From scoping and feasibility, to design, construction and on-going maintenance, our in-house experts, flexible resources and industry-leading innovations support clients in the development of some of the worlds most ambitious power transmission and distribution projects.
We are passionate about sustainability, so as a Graduate Civil Engineer with us, you will be part of a cohort and be assigned Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that are changing the construction industry for the better.
Balfour Beatty is also a leading member of the 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies. The 5% Club members aspire to achieve 5% of their workforce in earn and learn positions (including apprentices, sponsored students, and graduates on formalised training programmes
What you'll be doing
As a Graduate Civil Engineer, you'll grow your technical and leadership skills and start your journey towards becoming an industry expert over two years. You'll enjoy wide exposure and gain increased responsibility. You'll work with experts across every area of our industry.
From site investigations to project implementation, you'll receive well-structured training and gain hands-on experience in all aspects of design, procedures, risk assessments, and quality control. Collaborating with architects, subcontractors, contracting engineers, consultants, co-workers, and clients. You'll think creatively, learn how to resolve design and development issues and work towards becoming an industry expert and qualified Chartered Engineer.
- Our teams assess scheme feasibility and scope the detailed requirements of a contract before work begins.
- We provide technical engineering solutions to regional, national, and international electricity networks.
- We help deliver a reliable, safe supply of power to millions of homes and businesses internationally. Our experience and expertise cover the whole electricity grid, including overhead lines, cable tunnels and distribution networks.
- Our teams offer a wide range of services, from scoping and feasibility to design, construction and on-going maintenance.
- We provide flexible resources and innovations that power some of the worlds most ambitious transmission and distribution projects.
- Support in the planning, controlling and managing the delivery of your tasks on your project(s) utilising the necessary resource and skills, within the agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality
- Support the Site team to lead on developing a high-performance culture of one team
These roles are UK wide and could be based in the following locations: North-West Scotland (Fort William/Skye), Inverness, South Wales, Derby, London and Lincolnshire.
Due to the nature of our projects this can sometimes be working in more remote locations, but we offer subsistence while working away from home where required. Our projects support a real community of engagement and well-being amongst out colleagues to support the home away from home environment.
Who we're looking for
- A minimum 2:2 BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Experience gained within an engineering environment(desirable)
- Eligibility to work and live in the UK at time of joining
- Hold a full UK driving license at the time of joining
Why work for us
Alongside the amazing opportunity, support and pride that you'll gain from developing your career with one of the worlds foremost infrastructure giants, you'll also enjoy:
- A 2-year graduate programme
- A competitive and regularly reviewed salary
- A contributory pension scheme
- Flexible and generous benefits package
- Company car (dependant on role)
- Your professional institution fees covered by us
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and whats involved in the scheme, visit our website hereto learn more. Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date applications are open until 31st March 2023, but we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should application numbers reach a maximum before this date.
We have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan, to find out more you can read our UK Action Plan in full here
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/