About the role
Join the UKs largest infrastructure group and work on some of the biggest projects the world has ever seen. Projects that will support and shape the world of tomorrow for millions of people and enable you to build a successful career.
Balfour Beatty is also aleading member ofthe 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies. The 5% Club, members aspire to achieve 5% of their workforce in earn and learn positions (including apprentices, sponsored students, and graduates on formalised training programmes)
What you'll be doing
- Assist Graduate and Site Engineers in major engineering control activities
- Carry out engineering checks as directed
- Carry out surveys and site measurements
- Provide site operatives and supply chain colleagues with information from drawings, schedules, and specifications
- Complete quality check sheets and enter into built files
- Produce as built drawings and records for activities
- Keep accurate records (diaries, photographs, and records of site discussions)
- Work to weekly programme drafted by others
- Produce accurate daily records of resources employed including subcontractors
- Provide details of outputs achieved
This role could be based in Wyre or other surrounding areas.
Who we're looking for
- You will need a minimum of 3 A-levels or equivalent and five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 9-4 or A-C including Maths, English and Science
- You'll need to have a team-focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with people at all levels
- Have a passion for Engineering and Infrastructure
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change (shift work and travel may be required)
- You will have a strong work ethic and willingness to take responsibility for your academic and vocational development.
- Ideally hold a full UK drivers licence
- Pass pre-employment medical which will include a Drug & Alcohol test
Why work for us
Alongside the amazing opportunity, support and pride that you'll gain from developing your career with one of the worlds foremost infrastructure giants, you'll also enjoy:
- Accredited Apprenticeship Programme with Balfour Beatty
- Part of a structured development programme
- Support from line manager
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to grow your career at Balfour Beatty
- At the end of your programme you will receive your qualification in your chosen apprenticeship programme
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme, visit our website here to learn more. Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: applications are open until 31st May 2023, but we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should application numbers reach a maximum before this date.
We have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan, to find out more you can read our UK Action Plan in full here
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/