About the role
Join the UKs largest infrastructure group and work on some of the biggest projects the world has ever seen. Projects that will support and shape the world of tomorrow for millions of people and enable you to build a successful career.
Balfour Beatty is also aleading member ofthe 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies. The 5% Club, members aspire to achieve 5% of their workforce in earn and learn positions (including apprentices, sponsored students, and graduates on formalised training programmes).
You will work towards a Level 4 (HNC) Apprenticeship for Construction Site Supervisor over 3 years.
What you'll be doing
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues, subcontractors, contracting civil engineers, consultants, co-workers and clients
- Assisting with organisation and updating of site documentation.
- Create and display information posters on site notice boards for operatives and visitors.
- Assist the Site/Project Manager with compiling photos and quality records required by the client and employers agents.
- Assist the site team with monitoring stock and ordering tools and materials
- Record, control and report on progress on the project
- Assist the site operations team with ensuring that subcontractor HSE paperwork is received on time and contains the correct information.
- Assisting the site operations team with HSE checks and records.
- Take a positive approach by reporting to Site Managers safety issues on site
- Assist the site team with checking the quality of work by our subcontractors, both interim and final handover inspections.
- Report any issues with damaged materials or damage to finished works to Site Managers.
These roles could be based in the following locations: Derby.
Who we're looking for
- You will need a minimum of 2 A-levels and five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 9-4 or A-C including Maths, English and Science
- You'll need to have a team-focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with people at all levels
- Have a passion for Engineering and Infrastructure
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change (shift work and travel may be required)
- You will have a strong work ethic and willingness to take responsibility for your academic and vocational development.
- Hold a full UK drivers licence
- Pass pre-employment medical which will include a Drug & Alcohol test
Why work for us
Alongside the amazing opportunity, support and pride that you'll gain from developing your career with one of the worlds foremost infrastructure giants, you'll also enjoy:
- Accredited Apprenticeship Programme with Balfour Beatty
- Part of a structured development programme
- Support from line manager
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to grow your career at Balfour Beatty
- At the end of your programme you will receive your qualification in your chosen apprenticeship programme
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme, visit our website here to learn more. Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: applications are open until 31st May 2023, but we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should application numbers reach a maximum before this date.
We have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan, to find out more you can read our UK Action Plan in full here
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/