About the role
Join the UKs largest infrastructure group and work on some of the biggest projects the world has ever seen. Projects that will support and shape the world of tomorrow for millions of people and enable you to build a successful career.
Balfour Beatty is also aleading member ofthe 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies. The 5% Club, members aspire to achieve 5% of their workforce in earn and learn positions (including apprentices, sponsored students, and graduates on formalised training programmes)
What you'll be doing
- Fabricate and weld aluminium and steel products in accordance with company drawings.
- Carry out duties in accordance with standard company Quality Assurance procedures and Work Instructions
- Carry out daily duties complying with correct PPE and safety procedures in the area
- To carry out daily duties as required by the Production Chargehand Supervisor
- Assist with the daily inspection and sign off of plant and equipment
- Produce a finished product that complies with the drawings supplied
- Ensure the product complies with the tolerances and conditions specified on the drawings
- Complete production within the timescales specified
- Ensure re-work is kept to a minimum and any quality issues are recorded
Who we're looking for
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs A*-C/Grade 4 or above including Maths & English or Level 2 qualification or equivalent
- You will be able to set the pace as well as the standards for the team
- You will also have the ability to describe what interests and motivates you to the construction industry
- You will have a strong work ethic and willingness to take responsibility for your academic and vocational development
- Ideally hold a Uk drivers licence
Why work for us
Alongside the amazing opportunity, support and pride that you'll gain from developing your career with one of the worlds foremost infrastructure giants, you'll also enjoy:
- Accredited Apprenticeship Programme with Balfour Beatty
- Part of a structured development programme
- Support from line manager
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to grow your career at Balfour Beatty
- At the end of your programme you will receive your qualification in your chosen apprenticeship programme
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme, visit our website here to learn more. Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: applications are open until 31st May 2023, but we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should application numbers reach a maximum before this date.
We have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan, to find out more you can read our UK Action Plan in full here
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/