About the role
Join the UKs largest infrastructure group and work on some of the biggest projects the world has ever seen. Projects that will support and shape the world of tomorrow for millions of people and enable you to build a successful career.
Balfour Beatty is also aleading member ofthe 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies. The 5% Club, members aspire to achieve 5% of their workforce in earn and learn positions (including apprentices, sponsored students, and graduates on formalised training programmes).
You will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Heavy Vehicle and Service Maintenance over 3 years.
What you'll be doing
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as an Apprentice HGV Vehicle Technician within oursset Management & Solutions business. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
As an Apprentice in HGV Maintenance, you would work within a team to assist withsafe and effective vehicle repairs, inspections, servicing and MOTs.
What you'll be doing
- To report to and follow work instruction from mentor and supervisor.
- To carry out vehicle inspections and servicing and MOTs.
- To carry out any vehicle repairs required
- To be able to complete all legislative paperwork to a satisfactory standard
- The ability to work within a team with a willing to help attitude"
- To have a proactive approach to tidiness.
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- To have a high standard of safety awareness.
- Hand on approach and a willingness to learn new skills
Who we're looking for
- You will have 3 GCSEs or Scottish National equivalent, including a grade C/4 in Maths and English
- You will have an interest in Vehicle Maintenance.
- You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally and the willingness to take responsibility for your academic and vocational development
- Ideally hold a full UK drivers licence at the time of joining
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK at the time of joining
Why work for us
Alongside the amazing opportunity, support and pride that you'll gain from developing your career with one of the worlds foremost infrastructure giants, you'll also enjoy:
- Accredited Apprenticeship Programme with Balfour Beatty
- Part of a structured development programme
- Support from line manager
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to grow your career at Balfour Beatty
- At the end of your programme you will receive your qualification in your chosen apprenticeship programme
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme, visit our website here to learn more. Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: applications are open until 31st May 2023, but we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should application numbers reach a maximum before this date.
We have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan, to find out more you can read our UK Action Plan in full here
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/