About the role
Join the UKs largest infrastructure group and work on some of the biggest projects the world has ever seen. Projects that will support and shape the world of tomorrow for millions of people and enable you to build a successful career.
Balfour Beatty is also aleading member ofthe 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies. The 5% Club, members aspire to achieve 5% of their workforce in earn and learn positions (including apprentices, sponsored students, and graduates on formalised training programmes)
What you'll be doing
Balfour Beatty Asset & Technology Solutions provides whole life fleet & plant management and equipment hire solutions to the Balfour Beatty Group.
Supplying over 6,000 cars, LCVs, and HGVs, as well as specialist plant and equipment, our teams have an intimate and up-to-date knowledge of the plant and fleet industry.
From specifying bespoke vehicles and equipment, to organising lease agreements, mobilising new contracts, and delivering driver risk training,sset & Technology Solution supports Balfour Beattys projects across the UK with an industry leading fleet of Zero Harm and sustainably specified equipment. This allows Balfour Beattys contract teams to focus on what they do best successfully delivering essential infrastructure projects. You will work towards 2-year Level 3 Accident Repair Technician Apprenticeship.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To report to and follow work instruction from mentor and supervisor.
- To strip down and repair bodywork on all types of vehicles
- To be able to prepare the vehicle, prepare the paint and apply.
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- To have a high standard of safety awareness.
- To complete all documentation clearly and accurately.
- Ensuring highest standard/quality of workmanship on all vehicle body and paint repairs on car, light, heavy and specialist commercial vehicles
- Exceeding of Customers expectations
- Ensuring that a safe system of work is carried out at all times and in line with the Companys health, safety, environmental and quality procedures.
Who we're looking for
- You will have a minimum of 5 GCSEs 9-4/ A*-C including Maths & English, or equivalent coupled with an interest in Body repair.
- You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- Ideally hold a full UK drivers licence at the time of joining
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK at the time of joining
Why work for us
Alongside the amazing opportunity, support and pride that you'll gain from developing your career with one of the worlds foremost infrastructure giants, you'll also enjoy:
- Accredited Apprenticeship Programme with Balfour Beatty
- Part of a structured development programme
- Support from line manager
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to grow your career at Balfour Beatty
- At the end of your programme you will receive your qualification in your chosen apprenticeship programme
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beattypprentice and whats involved in the scheme, visit our website here to learn more. Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: applications are open until 31st May 2023, but we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should application numbers reach a maximum before this date.
We have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan, to find out more you can read our UK Action Plan in full here
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/