About the role
Get more out of your summer with Balfour Beatty. Take on one of our paid placements, and you'll have the chance to make a real impact on our business. You'll open doors to future opportunities here too, while really developing your knowledge and understanding of our industry. Joining us from between eight and twelve weeks over the summer, you'll take on real and important work.
As well as bags of priceless, hands-on experience, you'll receive a competitive salary and a number of useful benefits. You could also take a big step towards a place on our Graduate Scheme.
What you'll be doing
- Monitor and review effectiveness of the H & S Management System
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation and cascades information to the team
- Setting and agreeing budgets for the work scheduled
- Document and submit the requirements for Change Management;
- Being responsible for the work being carried out and the decision making
- Working on-site - inspecting work, checking materials and their delivery and storage
- Dealing with contracts, working with clients and sub contractors and attending meetings
- Support a culture of openness and trust in reporting of Health and Safety matter
- Work closely with architects and construction engineeringprofessionals on a project
These roles are UK wide and could be based in the following locations: Edinburgh & Inverness.
Who we're looking for
- Be studying for a Construction Management (BEng or MEng) - expecting to achieve a minimum of a 2:2
- Ideally, have a full UK driving licence at the time of joining
- Be eligible to work and live in the UK at the time of joining
Why work for us
Alongside the amazing opportunity, support and pride that you'll gain from developing your career with one of the worlds foremost infrastructure giants, you'll also enjoy:
- An 8-12 week long programme
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to explore your career options
- If you complete your placement successfully you could be fast tracked onto the graduate scheme
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Undergraduate and whats involved in the scheme, visit our website here to learn more. Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: applications are open until 28th February 2023, but we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should application numbers reach a maximum before this date.
We have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan, to find out more you can read our UK Action Plan in full here
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/