About the role
Our innovative thinking shapes our industry; equipping the world for tomorrows challenges. Join our Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick team as a Site Construction Planner on the Hinkley Point Project and you can contribute to tangible, worthwhile work you can be proud of.
Accountable to the MEH planning manager and construction leads, the construction planner will be responsible for managing the detailed site construction schedules for mechanical, electrical & HVAC installation at site to ensure compliance within the project integrated work schedule & detailed task order schedules. This role will also be accountable for representing the planning function at site meetings (i.e., plan of the day, plan of the week, interactive look ahead and integration meetings)
What you'll be doing
As a/an Site Construction Planner, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Provide & update weekly planning data in project controls systems
- Produce detailed planning reports at level 5 & 6 to support construction teams
- Identifying quantities and factors affecting the programme from live information at site
- Identifying planning scope, major constraints, and contract requirements
- Establishing and agreeing with all relevant stakeholders construction outputs and associated working hours.
- Establishing and agreeing with stakeholders key methods of construction, sequencing, installation, and handover to commissioning.
- Producing and documenting the planning deliverables including programmes, planning philosophy, presentations, and reports.
- Produce ad-hoc detailed schedules (lifting, temporary works schedules e.g. CBS, scaffolding etc.)
Who we're looking for
You will have the following:
An OND/HND in a relevant subject is desirable, as is Professionalmembership of one or more of the following: RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE
- Experience working with the Mechanical/Electrical/HVAC
An understanding of various forms of tender documents, contract documents and specifications including JCT, NEC or bespoke forms of Construction Contracts
An understanding of various methods of planning, programming, and progress monitoring
- The candidate will have experience of planning services within large scale projects within the construction industry ( 2000m+)
An understanding of the construction market, methods of construction, plant, equipment, and labour requirements
- Experience working with 4D planning is desirable
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick (BBK) is a market leading mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) and mechanical, electrical and instrumentation (ME&I) solutions provider with over 100 years of engineering expertise.
We design, install and maintain the systems that make building infrastructure work. Emphasising environmentally efficient technologies, digital construction and offsite manufacturing, our experienced teams deliver high quality solutions across the following sectors: Aviation, Buildings, Civils, Defence, Energy and New Build Nuclear.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/