About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Site Engineer to join our Regional team to work in North West area including North Wales, Cheshire and Lancashire
What you'll be doing
As a Site Engineer, you will:
- Support the senior project team in the overall implementation of the engineering strategy and framework for the designated project;
- Manage materials, plant and labour within the allocated budget and resources, ensuring their safe, effective and efficient delivery of service on the project;
- Ensure all systems, design information, procedures and quality systems are effectively communicated;
- Support the project delivery teams, verifying the work of others, providing technical support;
- Lead or support assurance on projects through conducting audits and regular meetings with project teams, identifying best practice, areas for improvement and areas of concern, including matters relating to safety, finance or quality.
- Setting out - Control Line and Level.
Who we're looking for
- Have previous engineering experience and a subject matter expert in the discipline of civil engineering
- Hold a valid CSCS card;
- Have previous experience within the construction or relevant support services industries, together with a strong understanding of technical issues and trends in the relevant sectors, including specialist markets
- Have a desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on engineering excellence, the customer and the business is required;
- Have an understanding of BIM and how to read technical drawings
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.