About the role
Our work matters to millions. Itll matter to you too. Join our Water Infrastructure team as a Site Manager on the @One Alliance project and you'll be a big part of fascinating, complex, varied and meaningful working across the Anglian Water Region (East of England)
What you'll be doing
As a Site Manager on the @One Alliance
The role involves the site management of projects from inception to completion. It will be a site based role requiring regular communication between other members of the delivery team based in the local office. Working under the Project Delivery Manager (PDM) the Site Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of Supervisors and delivery teams and sub-contractors on site. The role will require the effective utilisation of time and resources to meet budgets and delivery programmes.
The Site Manager will be expected to carry out the implementation and monitoring of health, safety, quality and performance standards and ensuring all work meets required water industry regulations and AW approved standards.
Ensure cost and progress issues are highlighted in a timely manner via proactive and innovative situation solving skills.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualifications and experience.
- Knowledge and Experience in the water industry
- To have a certificate in Site Safety Management (or attended 5 day course)
- To hold relevant CSCS card
- Extensive experience in M&E/construction industry
- SEATS ((Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme) or approved Partner internal equivalent course attended
- First Aid at Work course completed
- Working in Confined Space (C&G Level 5 equivalent) course completed
- IOSH Modern COSHH Management Certificate
- Have knowledge and experience of working to a budget and programme
- Completed a LOLER course
- Certified Fire Marshall
- Commercial and Contractual awareness.
- Ability to minimise cost and maximise value during project construction phases.
- Effective management of sub-contractors.
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Ability to influence customer decision making
- Basic Management training, skills & experience
- Good understanding of legislative and corporate SHEQ / Industry / Legal requirements
- Basic IT abilities including MS programmes
- Basic Project / programme management skills
Your will also have the following skills:-
- Good communicator able to communicate detailed data to a non-data literate audience and be able to pass on skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to manage/prioritise workloads
- Ability to adapt and challenge
- To be a good self-organiser and organiser of others
- To be assertive, diplomatic and patient
- Self motivating and a good motivator of the labour force
- Generally to be willing, helpful, enthusiastic and flexible
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty, the international infrastructure group has been a member of Anglian Waters @one Alliance since 2004, delivering several major water projects.
The @one Alliance is a collaborative organisation of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Waters capital investment programme.
The Anglian Water @one Alliance will design and build around 800 schemes worth approximately 1.5billion between April 2020 and March 2025, known as AMP7 the current five-year investment period, working closely with Anglian Water operations teams and other key stakeholders.
The contract is for the entire five-year regulatory period, from 2020 to 2025, with extensions which could take it to 2030, making it one of the longest collaborations in the sector. It operates within an alliance of delivery partners set up by Anglian Water.
As a stakeholder within the Anglian Water @one Alliance, Balfour Beatty provide both design and construction services across the whole of Anglian Waters region, which is the largest by geographic area in the UK, stretching from the Humber to the Thames estuary and from Buckinghamshire to the East Coast. Work is mainly focussed on clean water Infrastructure (water mains), but also includes wastewater infrastructure and both water and wastewater non-infrastructure projects, such as treatment works and pumping stations.
Working across the UK, Balfour Beattys Gas and Water teams provide expertise and experience to support a stable and safe supply of essential gas and water services. Amongst our vital work, we service clean and waste water mains, maintain water treatment facilities, and expand and renew underground gas mains in often busy and high-impact areas.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/