About the role
Own your career, and you can build something to be proud of at Balfour Beatty.
By joining our Power Transmission and Distribution team as a Site Engineer in our Operations Team, you'll work with true experts wholl share their knowledge and provide support, encouragement, and invaluable feedback so you never stop learning.
Bring us your capability, and well help you take it much, much further.
Based across the UK on our projects you will work on our Large Infrastructure within our Power Transmission and Distribution Projects.
Roles include a generous subsistence package (subject to T&C's), Allowances, Pension, and career progression within the industry.
When it comes to developing our people, our Operational Site Management teams are award winning. Joining the team as a Site Engineer, you'll get to:
- Secure a future in an industry thats enjoying significant investment
- Take pride in adding your talents to our focus on building sustainably Power for the future.
- Benefit from our sheer scale and diversity by progressing quickly and exploring professional passions and established career paths
What you'll be doing
As a Site Engineer, you will have the following accountabilities:
Understand specified solution, brief to the working party and ensure it is followed to completion.
- Set to work and supervise a right first time delivery
- Safely and sustainably develop and deliver to programme and cost
- Monitor to ensure works are delivered compliant
- Produce required records in a timely manner
- Effectively manage and care for the people delivering the work
Who we're looking for
You will have the following:
- HNC/HND/Degree in an electrical or engineering discipline would be preferable and/or relevant Site Experience with the Utilities / Construction Industry
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to tease out sensitive issues and lead cross-functional teams towards solutions.
- Ability to work across conflicting interest groups to develop solutions to complex operational and commercial problems
- People Management experience and relationship management skills
- Commercial awareness with knowledge of both budgetary and Financial control.
- Knowledge of Project Management methodology.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Willing to work away from home.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our skilled and dedicated teams deliver a range of proactive and reactive services which support a reliable and safe supply of power flowing to millions of homes and businesses around the world. Our contracts range from 50,000 schemes to 100 million plus major projects.
Balfour Beattys Power Transmission & Distribution teams work with regional, national and international electricity network owners and operators to provide technical engineering solutions. With experience and expertise across the full spectrum of the electricity grid our teams have capability across overhead lines, cable tunnels, distribution networks and substations. From scoping and feasibility, to design, construction and on-going maintenance, our in-house experts, flexible resources and industry-leading innovations support clients in the development of some of the worlds most ambitious power transmission and distribution projects.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/