About the role
Our projects are more than just your opportunity to make your mark. Theyre an opportunity to stretch, test and develop your expertise. Join our Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick team as a HSE Lead on the PPP Framework at Sellafield and you'll deliver complex work that really matters to our business, and the world around you.
- To support the delivery of HSES input, from design to implementation, at framework level, Managing all aspect of HSES for BBK as a key delivery partner.
- Drive performance and innovation of the relevant UKCS HSES teams ensuring efficient and effective service and support levels to meet and where possible exceed operational requirements.
- To support the Head of HSES in achieving Zero Harm objectives and sustainability blueprint
What you'll be doing
As a/an HSE Lead, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Coordinate HSES support within a designated project delivery team or client remit to ensure HSES managers, Advisors and specialists are conducting programmed visits and inspections to operational projects across the framework.
- Support internal/external audit activities as per the Framework and business NQA requirements
- Support shared learning across the framework with respective key delivery partners to create a continuous improvement and innovative culture
- Develop, implement, and successfully execute a high level HSES strategy for the framework that captures all key delivery partners and clients standards and expectation. Ensuring SMART KPIs and deliverables are construction focused and client facing.
- Setting objectives and undertaking regular reviews of the performance, governance and assurance of the HSES strategy and ensuring people are a key development strand, managing standards and expectations at PDRs.
- Lead, develop and coach HSES Managers, Advisors and Specialists to build high performing teams and create a pipeline of talent.
- Review and close out all incidents on ISMS and ensuring a timely and effective response to significant Health and Safety incidents, undertaking site visits to support the construction teams in their completion of investigations
- Support local management in their liaison with clients and contractors and key delivery partners by attending meetings and other events such as working groups
- Working with the L & D manager, maintain training and advisory documents and ensuring your team are competent to deliver training, coach and influence safety to ensure a best-in-class proactive safety culture is embedded throughout the framework.
- Ensure HSES performance data required is collected for inclusion in business management reports is accurate and available.
- Coordinate and Lead the Framework SHELT meeting including all Key Delivery Partners and members of the construction team.
- Identifying and implementing innovative ways to develop and improve the HSES Service delivery
Who we're looking for
You will have the following:
- Demonstrable experience managing a successful support team in multi-site matrix or framework structure
- Experience in Nuclear built environment, with a proven track record of achievement.
- Excellent HSE legal knowledge and practical application
- Competence in incident investigation
- High level of employee focus, business pragmatism and understanding
- NEBOSH Diploma in Health & Safety
- Qualified to or working towards membership of CMIOSH
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Degree qualified in Health and Safety or other related subject matters
- Experience of development and delivery of HSE training
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick (BBK) is a market leading mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) and mechanical, electrical and instrumentation (ME&I) solutions provider with over 100 years of engineering expertise.
We design, install and maintain the systems that make building infrastructure work. Emphasising environmentally efficient technologies, digital construction and offsite manufacturing, our experienced teams deliver high quality solutions across the following sectors: Aviation, Buildings, Civils, Defence, Energy and New Build Nuclear.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/