About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a P-Way Engineer to join our Rail team to work in Pontypridd.
- Provision of technical support to the Lead Engineer for the planning and delivery of transformation works ensuring all technical aspects of the works comply with relevant Network Rail Group and Line Standards and safety legislation.
What you'll be doing
As a P-Way Engineer you will:
- Provide Technical support in the detailed planning and execution of all of Track Renewal and Enhancement Works as allocated by the Lead Engineer;
- Monitor and ensure technical compliance on all works, site and office;
- Attend relevant meetings including Whiteboard/Stage Gate meetings as required;
- Manage the work to meet agreed financial targets, performance KRAs and other KPIs;
- Manage works in compliance with all relevant Safety Legislation and Welfare Regulations;
- Manage works in compliance with the TFW technical specifications, processes and procedures and Network Rail Group and Line Standards;
- Undertake surveys, planning and programming of work, technical supervision on site, preparation of documents;
- Ensure the preparation and submission of Bar Charts / Time Chainage charts, WPPs, and other site documentation for all works;
- Undertake safety inspection as stipulated in BB procedures and requirements;
- Submit Daily Work Returns (Planned v Actuals) in a timely manner;
- Participate in the CVL project Safety Briefing Programme.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Good knowledge of Track Renewals Disciplines;
- Excellent knowledge of Rules and Regulations, HASAW and other appropriate regulations, including Group Standards;
- Knowledge of financial controls;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and man management skills;
- Ability to write clear and concise reports;
- Ability to drive;
- HNC in an Engineering discipline or equivalent;
- PTS and COSS.
- Computer literacy.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/