About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Assistant to join our Highways team to work in South Mimms.
What you'll be doing
As a Financial Assistant, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Management of Accounts Payables systems of CPS including: Invoice Matching, Unmatched report/releases/payments, PNPOs (Payments No Purchase Orders), Liaising in respect of purchase orders; invoice related queries, coding, checking authorisation;
- Urgent payment requests;
- Supplier statement reconciliations;
- Manage petty cash, including reconciliation;
- Sales invoicing processing;
- Balance sheet reconciliations for accounts payables;
- Provide visual management reporting on accounts payable;
- Ensure that holiday and sickness cover is provided for other members of the finance team for example weekly operative timesheet input;
- Carry out any other relevant duties as required within the department, or as required by line manager.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- AAT qualified or willing to study;
- Previous experience in finance performing duties defined above, or similar;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- A service outlook to how finance operates within the business;
- Very organised.
- Ability to communicate effectively with line manager, senior management, shared service centre, other staff, and third parties;
- Ability to build effective and efficient relationships with a variety of stakeholders;
- High level of integrity;
- Ability to control processes, procedures, and costs effectively without compromising good working relationships within the business;
- Good team management skills and have previous experience of working collaboratively within a team to achieve joint goals and objectives
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.