About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Cladding Manager to join our Regional team to work in London.
To provide a strategic operational management plan to enable successful project delivery, strong leadership of a multi-disciplinary team, and facilitation of strong links with other teams within and external to the project.
What you'll be doing
As a Cladding Manager, your main accountabilities will be as follows:
- Take overall responsibility for the successful completion of the construction programme, meeting or exceeding all contractual obligations
- Monitor delivery of the project, identifying risk and opportunities and working with key stakeholders to optimise project delivery
- Assess the buildability of the proposed design, and ensure that Design teams produce feasible designs within the required timescales.
- Lead the delivery of construction works, ensuring compliance with all company processes and protocols
- Manage and develop the supervisory and engineering team, and lead project steering groups/cross discipline action groups, as required
- Responsible for the monitoring and management of construction budgets
Health Safety & Environmental
- Ensure that HS&E targets, KPIs are set and managed, monitor the effectiveness of the HS&E management system, lead/review accident investigations and carry out periodic Safety and Environmental Tours & risk reviews and implement safety improvement options
- Ensure that sufficient resources are allocated to the Works Section and that each has an appropriate level of ability
- Set targets and KPIs in line with Project objectives and monitor performance, ensuring that site audits are undertaken and action is taken to implement improvements
- Manage the implementation of systems and processes for Right First Time approach
- Overall ownership of Handover Documentation for Section
- Set targets and KPIs in line with key outputs and monitor performance, reporting Section Progress, driving lean initiatives and carrying out constructive analysis of the fully resourced programme, and monitor/manage sub-contractor performance against KPIs
- Ensure production of operational target programmes to reflect overall construction programme
- Chair weekly team leader meetings to review strategic performance on site, report progress and reasons for difference within Project Review meetings
- Liaise with off-site functions for knowledge sharing and best practice
- Identify longer term strategic training to support individual development as required
- Set and align targets and KPIs in line with budget forecast , oversee the preparation of a cost plan and manage cost v value, through leading weekly cost meetings and identification and action regarding improvement areas
- Manage the procurement of subcontractors and advise on commercial aspects / preferred attendances and operational risks to the scheme and mitigation options
- Produce the risk schedule for section, review and update
- Support the work winning process by providing technical input
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Practical understanding of construction techniques and detailing
- Experience in the management of a wide range of construction operations, including phasing and contingency planning, together with testing and handover
- Highly numerate, with strong commercial awareness and good technical knowledge
- Strong leadership and management skills, with a collaborative leadership style:
- Strong work ethic
- CSCS Card, and must be SMSTS qualified
- Strong decision making ability
- Strong communication and problem solving skills Able to provide expert technical knowledge to support work winning
Health Safety & Environmental
- Substantial experience within H&S Management in an operational setting, including method statements, accident/incident investigation, knowledge of current H&S legislation and proficiency in the use of H&S Management
- Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately and experience in implementing systems improvements
- Experienced in resource allocation and up skilling
- Knowledge and experience of links between design teams and operational delivery
- Can understand, implement and champion the Organisational Business Management Systems and processes involved
- Clear understanding and experience of the requirements for handover and self-certification of the works
- A track record in continuous improvement, with the ability to analyse a fully resourced stage programme in the accepted format / software and to shift programmes to adapt to circumstances on site, whilst maintaining focus on targets experience of using sub contract or KPIs to manage performance
- Able to set targets, in line with budget and commercial requirements
- Able to produce financial forecasts ,track progress against programme, and identify elements for cost recovery
- Working knowledge of the standard suite of contracts
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Proven track record in managing and leading large teams, recruiting talent, mentoring and developing team members
- Local & sector knowledge for supply chain and external contacts purposes, and for environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Successful track record in making independent, objective judgements
- Has achieved professional accreditation and undertakes extra-curricular activities to advance the profession (e.g. RICS, MCIOB)
- Holds a current driving license
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.