We designed our two-year Business Graduate Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. Our business schemes call for wide-ranging skills, so this is exactly what you’ll gain. You’ll join a thriving graduate network. And as you progress, you’ll have the freedom to tailor your path into roles and disciplines where you can put your biggest and best ideas into practice.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist technical skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth.
We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential and as your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
Balfour Beatty's Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted, Safe and Sustainable.
You don’t have to wear a hardhat to shape something incredible here, Procurement and our Enabling Functions drive our business. Your skills are respected and your contribution is priceless.
Your day to day responsibilities may include:
· Efficiently communicating with suppliers and internal customers
· Timely and accurate inputting of requisitions and orders
· Ensuring data is accurate, and any records are filed or archived correctly
· Identifying any system or process misuse and resolve /escalate
· Working to exceed expected quality standards, complying with processes at all times and contribute to improvements
· Converting requisitions into Purchase Orders efficiently and accurately
· Expediting requirements and ensuring that delivery to site is complete and on time
· Gathering data from suppliers on progress regarding implementation of BBR requirements
· Processing of Supplier approvals and Approval database maintenance
· Supplier communications (email/ letter/ telephone) Filing/ archiving contract documentation
· Focusing on exceeding minimum service expectations by delivering an agile, value adding service with a deep understanding of customer requirements, technical competence, functional knowledge and process efficiency
· Establishing performance led, long term supplier relationships focusing on value for money, service & product quality and continuous improvement to drive competitive advantage for Balfour Beatty.
What we’re looking for:
· A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to travel as part of the programme)
· A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
· A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
What you’ll need:
· A minimum of a 2:2 in a business related or construction/engineering degree
· Ideally a previous placement/work experience and/or a keen interest in Procurement
· Eligibility to work and live in the UK
· A full, clean UK driving licence
Please note our graduates for the 2022 intakes will typically start from April time, through to September, please ensure when completing your online application form that you clearly state your availability and whether an April and/or September start date would work for your current circumstances.
Salary and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will also be covered. For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and what’s involved in the scheme, visit our website here to learn more. Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity & Inclusion
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.
Closing Date – applications are open until Monday 14th February 2022 but we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the closing date.