About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Loler Inspection Engineer to join our Plant & Fleet business unit to work in Derby.
- A key member of the Engineering team with the prime responsibility to manage and undertake all aspects of the internal LOLER and PUWER Inspections.
What you'll be doing
As a Loler Inspection Engineer you will:
- Support the Lead Inspection Engineer to undertake and manage all aspects of the internal LOLER and PUWER related inspections required with in the business;
- Undertake LOLER and PUWER inspections and generate the appropriate documentation on complex equipment owned within the business;
- Mentor and develop our internal team of LOLER and PUWER inspectors;
- Manage the competencies of our internal team of LOLER and PUWER inspectors ensuring documented evidence is maintained;
- Provide support and specialist knowledge relating to LOLER and PUWER legislation when required across the business;
- Produce and maintain Risk Assessments and Work Instructions related to the LOLER and PUWER inspections carried out with in the business;
- Oversee In House equipment and material testing and report writing;
- Work closely with third party LOLER inspection companies when required to meet the business requirements;
- Ensure that all activities are compliant with the safety rules, health and safety legislation and environmental standards;
- Ensure that appropriate representation is undertaken with industry bodies and forums i.e. LEEA;
- Ensure that industry bulletins are reviewed, and appropriate action taken.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Engineering foundation degree/HND;
- LOLER inspection;
- LOLER reporting and accreditation systems;
- Engineering background and relevant experience;
- Experienced and confident in leading, mentoring and developing a team and individuals to standard required in the business;
- Ability to challenge, innovate and offer new solutions that improve ours and our internal customers day to day activities;
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers and clients in verbal and written form;
- To hold a full UK driving licence;
- Flexible approach to working hours and activities Occasional site visits required.
- Engineering degree/ other qualifications.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Plant & Fleet Services provides whole life fleet management and plant & equipment hire solutions to the Balfour Beatty Group.
Supplying over 8,000 cars, LCVs, and HGVs, as well as specialist plant and equipment, our teams have an intimate and up-to-date knowledge of the plant and fleet industry.
From specifying bespoke vehicles and equipment, to organising lease agreements, mobilising new contracts and delivering driver risk training, Plant & Fleet supports Balfour Beattys projects across the UK with an industry leading fleet of Zero Harm and sustainably specified equipment. This allows Balfour Beattys contract teams to focus on what they do best successfully delivering essential infrastructure projects.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.