About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
We are looking for a Depot Operational Support to join us to work in Essex.
This role will allow the O&M team to concentrate on operational matters and planning, with a strategic approach. Assisting in tasks which are critical in managing budgets and performance. Relieving the operational staff of day to day admin duties will also allow the Shift Managers to get more site time to manage crews, more face to face time in their environment should enhance the relationship, proactively manage safety, health and welfare, drive performance and productivity.
What you'll be doing
As a Depot Operational Support, your main responsibilities are as follows:
- Support the scheduler with updating the quadrant programmes;
- Updating budget tracker sheet - update planned with actual and keep records to inform of future activities;
- Carry out general administration duties updating litter surveys, winter service treatments sheets, filling and archiving, fleet and plant records;
- Support the team with producing work packs and uploading to Agile;
- Update notice boards;
- Collate DWBs and update weekly list;
- Assist with updating rotas;
- Applying for PTBG;
- Inventory management of all types of stock, consumables, PPE and safety fence;
- Opportunity to develop in this area to raise indents as and when required;
- Assist in the monitoring of the React Tec systems and provide information to line managers, to ensure exposure levels are not being exceeded;
- Support the team in tracking the training and developments plans for the staff and crews in the depot;
- Live the Connect Plus Services Values;
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
- Support the delivery of CSUKs Sustainability activities
Who we're looking for
The following qualities and experience are required:
- Good English and maths ability;
- Enthusiastic and keen to learn new skills, in a demanding and performance driven environment;
- Professional conduct and appearance;
- IT skills proficient in Microsoft (or similar platform) suite of products.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.