About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a HVAC Project Engineer to join our BB Kilpatrick team to work in Bromborough
- To organise and control a in full a project or section(s) of a larger project;
- On small to medium size projects, take receipt at sales handover stage and deliver the Project to completion:
- On large size projects, assist Project Manager to the same level as above;
- Liaise with clients, subcontractors and suppliers.
What you'll be doing
As a HVAC Project Engineer you will:
- Receive information from sales department during and after handover to projects department. Review and understand tender pricing methods and documentation and highlight discrepancies;
- In line with defined project sizes, plan, monitor, programme and take control of all aspects of project information;
- Determine and arrange resource levels, materials requirements and site demands to ensure efficient operation of Projects;
- Review and understand client specifications. Prepare internal specifications and manufacturing details;
- Take a leading role in building services co-ordination exercises in conjunction with any contractual obligations Coordinate in full the project requirement with the design and engineering department to ensure that the correct standards, specifications and information is produced in order that the project targets and obligations are achieved;
- Take a leading role in procurement of equipment and materials to comply with requirements and delivery needs;
- Contribute to the commercial management of the project. Be aware of specific project commercial constraints;
- Recognise variations and delays to the tendered scope of works and ensure they are properly recorded;
- Contribute and provide information for the submission of valuations and invoices;
- Supervise others of a lesser grade. Lead by example and show initiative. Develop team spirit and job involvement;
- Carry out accurate site surveys and site measures and demonstrate flexibility in terms of site visiting / being site based as necessary;
- Develop a working relationship with the client and correspond about all aspects of a project;
- Contribute to the preparation of safe systems of work including generation of method statements, risk assessments etc.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Be aware of and be familiar with current industry standards and specifications relevant to ventilation systems;
- Good communication skills at all levels;
- Ability to represent the best interests of the company in direct dealings with clients, suppliers and subcontractors;
- A conscientious, positive and reliable attitude to performing the task;
- Understanding of companys contractual obligations;
- Be aware of and be familiar with different forms of contract;
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook Strong analytical and logical skills;
- Full UK driving licence.
Highly Desirable (but not essential):
- HNC or above in building services-based subject.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to 2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.