About the role
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Service Delivery Director to join Connect Plus Services (CPS). CPS manages the largest DBFO contract in Highways Englands portfolio, the M25. We are a joint venture comprised of three international and industry leading organisations - Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. Our collective strength enables us to continually innovate, excel and drive the delivery of our 30-year contract.
As Service Delivery Director you will report directly to the Managing Director in a leadership role. Working alongside other CPS senior managers, your role will include developing excellent working relationships with the Highways England and Connect Plus senior teams to ensure aligned visions. The role will see you work collaboratively with other senior leads to enhance our performance and deliver an excellent customer experience.
As part of the Senior Management Team you will play a key role in leading and developing the strategic direction of the business. As an experienced Senior Manager, you will ideally have experience in operations and maintenance, highway maintenance or similar transferrable experience.
You will lead a team of over 400, located across the M25 network incorporating Operations & Maintenance teams, the Control Room and the Security division. We are seeking a committed, commercially aware individual, with excellent interpersonal skills to deliver successful project outcomes. You will also have the opportunity to play a major part in shaping and driving forward our systems and standards.
What you'll be doing
The key responsibilities include:
- Leading the Service Delivery team whilst managing our supply chain to deliver emergency response and routine and cyclic maintenance to time, cost and quality targets and standards
- Promoting excellence in the delivery of all on road activity
- Ensure safety and sustainability targets and standards are maintained
- Support, develop and coach individuals to build a high performing team and create a pipeline of talent
- Nurturing the development and enhancement of productive working relationships with On-Road Traffic Officers and the Regional Control Centres (ROC), local Police Forces and other Emergency Services.
- Lead, manage and deliver operational excellence and efficiency
- Understand the M25 Contract terms and Obligations relevant to the Service Delivery operations
- Manage commercial and business risk to achieve budget targets
- Ensure the team is aware of and follow the CPS company procedures and policies
- Ensure that labour, plant, and materials are efficiently managed and monitor expenditure in accordance with the agreed budget through weekly and monthly cost meetings.
Who we're looking for
We are seeking a driven, commercially aware individual, to lead, manage and deliver the success of the project for the next 20 years. You will also have the opportunity to play a major part in shaping and driving forward our systems and standards.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.