About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Section Engineer to join our Rail team to work in Exeter.
What you'll be doing
As a Section Engineer, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Develops and maintains excellent communication / relationships with client, suppliers and consultants;
- Client satisfaction on the contract;
- Implements actions to improve sub standard customer satisfaction;
- Safety performance of contract;
- Lead by example & ensure compliance with industry and company standards;
- Plan HSQE into work activities and ensure adequate resources are available to carry out the operations;
- Proactive in safety management through 4 weekly safety audits;
- Carry out regular site inspections;
- Supports and implements the BB Rail Zero Harm Action Plan;
- Ensure a project quality plan is developed and implemented;
- Ensures site audits are undertaken and takes appropriate action on the findings;
- Inputs into the control of costs of contract;
- Keeps accurate and detailed records relating to all changes on the contract;
- Understand contract conditions with Client and Suppliers, recognise variations to contract and process accordingly;
- Understand and implement the commercial strategy for the contract;
- Ensure Group minimum commercial standards are implemented.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- HNC / Degree in Construction related subject;
- Progressing towards Chartered status ;
- Personal Track Safety;
- 5 day CITB Site Safety Management Training SMST;
- Personal Track Safety COSS/IWA;
- IT skills to enable Use of Project Management software, letter writing, simple spreadsheet manipulation, emailing and accessing intranet based Management System;
- Full UK driving license;
- Continual Professional Development.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.