About the role
Balfour Beatty currently have opportunities for Industrial Maintenance Electricians to work on the M25, one of the busiest sections of road in the UK and one of the most important!
As part of the Connect Plus Services business based in Dartford, you will be responsible for assisting in the efficient operation of the M25 Tunnels by undertaking maintenance and other tasks as required by the Maintenance Supervisor.
The successful candidate will be required to work a 4 on 4 off 12 hour shift pattern (2 days 6am-6pm/2 nights 6pm-6am/4 days off).
What you'll be doing
As an Industrial/Commercial Maintenance Electrician you will:
- Report to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Be conversant with the operation of all electrical/mechanical plant, within the Dartford River Crossing and other M25 Tunnels, under normal and emergency conditions and be capable of operating systems under local or remote control.
- When authorised, carry out switching on Connect Plus Services 11kV System.
- Be able to carry out Planned Maintenance and defect repair work on a range of electrical equipment which includes Switchgear, Transformers, Pumps, Fans, VSDs, lighting and associated control gear etc.
- Repair and maintenance of the traffic safety system on the approach to the Dartford tunnels including sensors, barriers and traffic signals.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a recognised Electrical Apprenticeship
- Hold the relevant qualifications e.g. City & Guilds
- Hold the 17th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations
- Have previous industrial/commercial electrical experience
- Have high voltage, pumps, motors and control gear experience
You will be a Card holder or training will be provided if necessary in:
- Confined spaces training
- Inspection & Testing C&G 2391
- CSCS Safety Card
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.