About the role
Are you a Highways Re-surfacing professional looking for a new opportunity? If so read on....
Balfour Beatty currently have opportunities for Highways Re-Surfacing Operatives to join our Highways team to work in Dartford.
In this varied role, you will work as part of the Connect Plus Services business, on the M25, one of the busiest sections of road in the UK and one of the most important! You will be responsible for assisting in the efficient service delivery of the M25 DBFO Network by undertaking a wide range of incident response, hazard clearance, network maintenance and much more.
The successful candidate will be required to work permanent nights Mon-Fri 8:30pm to 5:30am.
What you'll be doing
As a Highways Re-Surfacing Operative, you will:
Undertake activities, as instructed, with capabilities to ensure that your area of responsibility is maintained. Main role is to carry out main carriageway repairs within the M25 DPFO Network. Addition roles will include but not exclusive to:
- cyclical maintenance
- graffiti removal
- carriageway repairs,
- soft estate maintenance (e.g. grassland maintenance)
- litter picking,
- sign maintenance,
- safety fence repairs
- boundary fence repairs
- Any other duties allocated by Line Managers.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in the role you will have:
- UK Driving Licence, minimum category C (LGV Class 2)
- Driver Qualification Card
- CSCS Operative Card
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Highways Maintenance
- ROLO Sector Scheme 18
- NHSS12A/B 1 Day qualification
- Unit 518 (formerly unit 13) Winter Service Operations and unit 580 (formerly unit 80) Snowplough/ V blade
- Appropriate lifting qualification
- Vehicle Marshall
- Disc cutter/abrasive wheel
- Working on a live motorway or All Purpose Trunk Road (APTR) network
- Experience of working in a similar traffic / transport / highways / recovery role are preferred.
- Successful candidates will be expected to work Mon-Fri, night shifts.
- Night shifts are 20:30 to 05:30, with a 45 minute break
- Reasonable level of travel around M25 network and between depots
- Travel to meetings, training and works sites outside normal operational area
- Expected to participate in out of hours call out rotas e.g. Winter Maintenance
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.