About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Highways team to work in Leatherhead.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Contractual administration of high value Framework Subcontractors;
- Commercial resolution of Subcontract accounts, including Framework Subcontractors;
- Commercial resolution with Clients of Scheme outcomes, including payments;
- Operation of Scheme Change Control;
- Estimating/pricing support to Schemes;
- Client and Supply Chain Framework liaison;
- Quantity surveying activities in Delivery;
- General Quantity Surveying support/duties.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Extensive Quantity Surveying experience required;
- Demonstrable NEC knowledge and experience required;
- Experience of Multi-Scheme working required, preferably in a Maintenance and Renewal environment;
- Professional quantity surveying qualifications preferred;
- Diligent IT and presentation skills;
- A good communicator, including in direct dealings with prestigious Clients;
- Experience in working in a large team;
- Contractual diligence, including a good contractual writer;
- Numerical diligence;
- Dedicated and conscientious.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.