About the role
Balfour Beatty currently has exciting opportunities for Skilled and Semi-Skilled Rail Civils Operatives to join our Rail team, working a mix of days and nights, covering the Severn and Thames area. Successful candidates will be based within easy reach of;
In this role you will be responsible for the Reactive Maintenance framework for minor civils throughout the Western Region, working on typical small to minor size schemes and projects such as; minor brickwork repairs, vegetation clearance, handrail replacement, minor earthworks and drainage schemes.
To be successful in this role you will need to have a civils background with a UK full driving licence and the flexibility to travel across the region as required.
What you'll be doing
As a Civils Rail Operative you will:
- Undertake production work as directed.
- Adhere to safety critical work regulations.
- Comply with quality, safety and environmental instructions and regulations.
- Demonstrate knowledge and importance of meeting quality and financial targets for the job.
- Actively demonstrate/support team members on relevant tasks within their field of expertise.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role you will have experience in:
- General brickwork repairs.
- Ground excavations and CAT Scanning.
- De-vegetation works.
- PASMA Tower scaffolding.
- Chainsaw competence (beneficial).
- General building skills.
- Knowledge of safety critical work regulations within the Rail Industry.
- Awareness of safety, quality and environmental instructions and regulations.
- Relevant experience supervising varied work types.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.