About the role
Balfour Beatty VINCI has is looking for Utilities Design Coordinators to join us on HS2 in Birmingham.
Assist the Design Manager in carrying out a variety of utility design elements, co-ordination of deliverables and assurance with other duties as required.
What you'll be doing
- Assisting the Design Manager in forecasting and planning the design delivery.
- Day to day management aspects of third-party design to meet the delivery plan.
- Interface with the customers and third-party stakeholders.
- Be aware of programme and budgets for design delivery.
- Assist the Design Manager in tracking and measuring performance.
- Providing support to the Design Manager in achieving the correct design outcomes.
Who we're looking for
- Experience working with utility providers, within a multi discipline environment
- Background working on civil/infrastructure projects with utilities diversions
- Previous experience working on utilities design coordination
- Digital skills with excel and other supporting IT platforms
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.