About the role
Balfour Beatty are currently recruiting an Accounts Payable Administrator to join our Enabling Functions team based in our Maxim - Eurocentral office.
Within this role you'll provide professional Site support services to project teams on site to support effective operational delivery whilst also providing consistent, effective and efficient Site Support services in accordance with Balfour Beatty policies.
What you'll be doing
As an Accounts Payable Administrator, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Process payroll transactions for blue collar workers
- Process plant transactions, catalogue call offs, material receipts/GRN processing, invoice query resolution
- Ensure that all transactions are posted in a timely manner
- Assist with resolution of payroll queries
- Ensure that site support processes are consistently and rigorously applied across all projects in line with company policies
Who we're looking for
- The individual should have experience of performing a site admin role working across
- multiple sites, ideally in a construction or rail environment.
- The ability to work with people at various levels both internally within Balfour Beatty and externally, and apply and comply with the Balfour Beatty site support procedures is essential.
- This is a position of responsibility involving payroll processing, receipting and invoice
- A working knowledge of Oracle (or equivalent ERP cost management module) and Kronos time recording system is desirable.
- An understanding of construction and rail working rule agreements is also desirable.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beattys Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted, Safe and Sustainable.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/