About the role
Join the UKs largest infrastructure group and work on some of the biggest projects the world has ever seen. Projects that will support and shape the world of tomorrow for millions of people and enable you to build a successful career.
We are passionate about sustainability, so as a Graduate Construction Planner with us, you will be part of a cohort and be assigned Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that are changing the construction industry for the better.
Balfour Beatty is also aleading member ofthe 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies. The 5% Club, members aspire to achieve 5% of their workforce in earn and learn positions (including apprentices, sponsored students, and graduates on formalised training programmes)
What you'll be doing
- Working in collaboration with operation teams
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI) activity (planned against actual performance)
- Medium to long term planning of construction sequencing
- Identify planning scope, major constraints and contract requirements
- Reporting on construction activity and performance
- Collate and analyse project data
- Creating visual data representation e.g. Phasing diagram, graphs etc.
- Assessing external influential factors to the project plans (e.g. Environmental, seasonal and ecological restraints etc)
- Engage with stakeholders on planning updates and challenges
This role will be based in Luton & Hull.
Who we're looking for
- A minimum of a 2:2 degree
- Ideally have experience or a placement within an engineering or construction environment
- Have an interest in working in the built environment
- Demonstrate logically thinking, organisation and analytical skills
- Eligibility to work and live in the UK at the time of joining
- Ideally hold a full UK drivers license at the time of joining
Why work for us
Alongside the amazing opportunity, support and pride that you'll gain from developing your career with one of the worlds foremost infrastructure giants, you'll also enjoy:
- A 2-year graduate programme
- A competitive and regularly reviewed salary
- A contributory pension scheme
- Flexible and generous benefits package
- Company car (dependant on role)
- Your professional institution fees covered by us
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and whats involved in the scheme, visit our website hereto learn more. Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date applications are open until 26th March 2023,but we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should application numbers reach a maximum before this date.
We have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan, to find out more you can read our UK Action Plan in fullhere
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/