About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Concrete Pump Operator to join our Plant & Fleet business unit to work in Derby.
To provide a professional and safe service through competent operation of truck mounted Concrete Pump machinery;
Drive to site and undertake works in line with the Operations Manager instructions and Customers requirements.
What you'll be doing
You will have the following accountabilities:
- Advise and deliver best practise solutions within capabilities;
- Ensure Competency Certifications are regularly maintained and current;
- Basic HGV vehicle maintenance;
- Knowledge of drivers hours legislation;
- Undertake training as required to maintain role and develop in line with current and future legislation;
- Act as a Zero Harm leader, ensuring safety is seen as a primary concern throughout the project;
- Have sufficient knowledge of operations to understand potential hazards;
- Report all Accidents and Incidents, ensuring compliance with Companys Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Procedures;
- Customer Feedback understand customer requirements and build robust relationships;
- Ensure the highest quality service to achieve & maintain preferred supplier status;
- Engage with Customers and Suppliers to drive best service;
- Engaging Customers and Suppliers to drive best service, cost and value, and maximise sales potentials;
- Ability to work nationwide, with some projects involving overnight accommodation.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following preferred qualities and experience but not essential as full training will be provided:
- CSCS/CPCS Experienced Operator
- HGV Licence, Knowledge of drivers hours legislation, Driver CPC Training;
Operational experience of suction excavation machinery;
Knowledge of ground works operations.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Plant & Fleet Services provides whole life fleet management and plant & equipment hire solutions to the Balfour Beatty Group.
Supplying over 8,000 cars, LCVs, and HGVs, as well as specialist plant and equipment, our teams have an intimate and up-to-date knowledge of the plant and fleet industry.
From specifying bespoke vehicles and equipment, to organising lease agreements, mobilising new contracts and delivering driver risk training, Plant & Fleet supports Balfour Beattys projects across the UK with an industry leading fleet of Zero Harm and sustainably specified equipment. This allows Balfour Beattys contract teams to focus on what they do best successfully delivering essential infrastructure projects.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.