About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Sub Agent to join our Regional team on our HS2 Early Works projects.
What you'll be doing
As a Sub Agent, your main responsibilities are as follows:
- Guides & coaches subordinates in technical requirements, construction techniques and sequence
- Temporary Works Coordinator
- Understands & Implements BMS
- Carries out Independent Inspections of their own section and of others
- Carries out Site Audits to check works and documentation compliance
- Liaise with designer to resolve technical issues
- Runs Inspection and Test Plan system
- Writes/Reviews Method Statements and makes improvements as appropriate
- Demonstrates excellence in all Health & Safety matters
- Able to lead an Accident / Incident Investigation
- Has ownership of the three week look ahead programme and corresponding as builts
- Produces a fully resourced three month look ahead programme
- Material take offs and call offs
- Produces a budget for directly employed labour from the resourced programme and monitors / reviews weekly costs
- Reports upon weekly material reconciliation
- Detailed knowledge of subcontract scope and attendances
- Drafts correspondence to subcontractors, suppliers and Client
- Maintains good working relationship with Customer and Subcontract Staff
Who we're looking for
The following qualities and experience are essential:
- A full understanding of technical requirements and techniques of setting out
- Understands the organizational Business Management Systems and processes
- Good highways sector experience, including heavy structures and water industry
- Understands Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Understands the principles of Accident / Incident Investigation
- Able to produce a fully resourced stage programme in the accepted format / software
- Awareness of procurement practice
- Demonstrates application of growing commercial and contractual knowledge
- RD8000, First Aid, IOSH, NRSWA, CSCS (Supervisor), SMSTS, Temporary Works Appreciation, Appointed Person
- The ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Have the drive and determination to meet targets
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.