About the role
Join the UKs largest infrastructure group and work on some of the biggest projects the world has ever seen. Projects that will support and shape the world of tomorrow for millions of people and enable you to build a successful career.
Balfour Beatty is also aleading member ofthe 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies. The 5% Club, members aspire to achieve 5% of their workforce in earn and learn positions (including apprentices, sponsored students, and graduates on formalised training programmes)
What you'll be doing
- Assist the HSS Manager in providing the material for induction and training, ensuring material inclusive and accessible to all and embed an industry / sector leading HSE culture from day one
- Attend key Project safety meetings with contractors and assisting in the production of minutes
- Assist in reporting incidents in Horace
- Interrogate project wide HSS performance and assist in producing Project statistics for the monthly report
- Assist in carrying out field / on-site inspections and subsequent reports, ensuring where required, follow-up of corrective actions
- Assist in developing innovative and effective digital solutions for HSS on site.
- Depending on starting date, opportunity to assist in the safety by design tasks, to embed the right HSS culture from Day one
- Use a variety of Microsoft Packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to compose and update documents
This role will be based in Wisley (Surrey)
Who we're looking for
- You will have a minimum of 5 GCSEs 9-4 including Maths & English or equivalent coupled with an interest in health and safety.
- You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have a keen interest in construction and infrastructure and a good attention to detail.
- You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
- Ideally hold a UK drivers license
Why work for us
Alongside the amazing opportunity, support and pride that you'll gain from developing your career with one of the worlds foremost infrastructure giants, you'll also enjoy:
- Accredited Apprenticeship Programme with Balfour Beatty
- Part of a structured development programme
- Support from line manager
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to grow your career at Balfour Beatty
- At the end of your programme you will receive your qualification in your chosen apprenticeship programme
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme, visit our website here to learn more. Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: applications are open until 31st May 2023, but we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should application numbers reach a maximum before this date.
We have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan, to find out more you can read our UK Action Plan in full here
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/