About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Site Agent to join our Midlands Region to work initially on a project in Northampton
What you'll be doing
- Manage the project team and the supply chain to deliver projects to time, cost and quality targets and standards
- Manage the customer relationship during delivery, including change and decision making to manage expectations
- Be responsible for implementing the safety strategy and achieving ZERO HARM
- Demonstrate exemplary health & safety behaviours
- Develop the programmes, milestones and phasing requirements specific to the scheme / project
- Ensure that project plans and schedules are robust and optimise project resources and timescales and are communicated effectively to the project team
- Ensure effective records are maintained and kept for project delivery and regularly reports on project progress, risks and issues to senior management
- Produce comprehensive reports in line with both internal and external customer requirements
- Control project resources in line with agreed budget and commercial requirements
- Manage commercial and business risk to achieve targets
- Understand the relevant Contract terms and conditions for each project
- Manage external consultants (eg design) to enable delivery driving value, customer focus and achievement of the projects objectives
- Ensure defects and any post completion issues, if applicable, to maintain a positive customer relationship and repeat business performance levels are managed
- Lead, manage and deliver operational excellence and efficiency on site
Who we're looking for
You will have:
- Strong leadership and management skills, with experience of managing a multi-disciplined team
- Interest in pursuing a formal qualification (e.g. ICE)
- Wide ranging independent judgement evident
- Has achieved professional accreditation (e.g. ICE, IHT)
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.