About the role
Join the UKs largest infrastructure group and work on some of the biggest projects the world has ever seen. Projects that will support and shape the world of tomorrow for millions of people and enable you to build a successful career.
Balfour Beatty is also aleading member ofthe 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies. The 5% Club, members aspire to achieve 5% of their workforce in earn and learn positions (including apprentices, sponsored students, and graduates on formalised training programmes)
What you'll be doing
- Assist with all estimating aspects of a bid to ensure robust pricing, risk management and governance.
- Help to ensure that high quality, competitive proposals are delivered to the customer in line with the Balfour Beatty Management Systems.
- Perform quantity take-offs of materials and labour operations,
- Send out enquiries for quotations, analyse quotes, build up rates, form preliminaries and collation of all information to complete a tender.
- Attend pre-tender meetings and site visits
- Establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with customers, partners, Bid Managers, Bid Writers, Estimators, Planners and other technical experts
- Help to identify process improvement to support innovation and value added engineering
This role will be based in Derby.
Who we're looking for
- You will need a minimum of five GCSEs at grades 9-4 or A-C including Maths, English and Science
- Strong numeracy and well-developed team and people skills, you have the passion and enthusiasm to keep the momentum going on a project.
- Ideally experience working with Building Services industry
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take responsibility for your academic and vocational development
- Ideally hold a full UK drivers licence at the time of joining
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK at the time of joining
Why work for us
Alongside the amazing opportunity, support and pride that you'll gain from developing your career with one of the worlds foremost infrastructure giants, you'll also enjoy:
- Accredited Apprenticeship Programme with Balfour Beatty
- Part of a structured development programme
- Support from line manager
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to grow your career at Balfour Beatty
- At the end of your programme you will receive your qualification in your chosen apprenticeship programme
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and whats involved in the scheme, visit our website here to learn more. Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: applications are open until 31st May 2023, but we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should application numbers reach a maximum before this date.
We have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan, to find out more you can read our UK Action Plan in full here
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/