About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Supervisor (Street Lighting) to join our Living Places business unit to work in Coventry
- To support the growth of our Street Lighting Business within a set contract. Carrying out various tasks within the titled role ensuring that all H&S objectives and responsibilities are adhered to;
- To assist the Contract Manager in day to day supervision and management of the workforce and provide support to the team structure.
What you'll be doing
As an Electrical Supervisor (Street Lighting) you will:
- Be Acting as a full time Electrical Supervisor you will be responsible for the management of operatives and subcontract labour working on Lantern, column, post, & bollard removal and installation, Electrical testing, and all other aspects associated with electrical installation within the Highway;
- Be required to manage the delivery of projects to a set deadline and attend progress meetings as and when required;
- As part of the role you will be required to carry out monthly H&S site inspections and deliver toolbox talks and briefings to the workforce;
- You will also be required to carry out cost management with plant, vehicles, and materials and keep within set budgets;
- Should be technically competent with experience working within street Lighting, previous supervisory role would be advantageous. Full training will be provided to allow the successful candidate to develop into the role;
- Excellent attention to detail & self-motivated;
- Have the ability to work in a team environment and work to tight deadlines;
- Be able to demonstrate technical knowledge and problem solving;
- Must be a very good team player and participator;
- Have a knowledge and application of Health & Safety;
- Experience in supervising & Leading teams;
- IT literate.
Who we're looking for
- GCSE, or equivalent, in Maths and English;
- NRSWA preferably Supervisor;
- Full clean driving Licence (together with valid CPC if licenced for over 3.5t );
- Street Lighting experience.
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- IPAF 1b;
- BS7671 17TH Edition;
- Level 2 or 3 Electrical qualification;
- 1st Aid;
- Manual Handling;
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
The way we live our lives is changing fast: where and how we live, work, travel, shop, relax and socialise. The evolving nature of our society means we all need to shape our environment to meet a complex array of individual and collective needs.
Wherever investment in these environments is needed, Living Places works in partnership with Local Authorities to consult, finance, design, build and manage the essential place infrastructure that local communities and national economies need to prosper and grow.
We are right at the heart of a dynamic place shaping agenda that brings Local Authorities, local communities, Central Government, and the Private Sector together to create safe, sustainable, flexible and dynamic public spaces geared to community social need, economic growth and personal well-being as well as being environmentally sustainable.
The provision of maintenance services for highways is only a small part of what is really needed. Our focus has moved beyond the road to deliver the potential of the street: a dynamic public place that connects and combines local community and business needs, encourages social interaction and helps pedestrians, motorists, bus riders, and cyclists to coexist safely. Building great public spaces with resource efficient assets enables functional, flexible and inspirational places to be at the heart of the community.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.